Manage and provide specialist support to Business End Users for SAP Business Intelligence (BW) and SAP Business Objects (BO)
AREA OF EXPERTISE:
Combines diverse software/architecture subject matter expertise and seasoned project management skills. Ideal candidate must use project management skills to plan, organize and control small project teams delivering Business Intelligence solutions based primarily on SAP, Business Objects, Business Warehouse, Oracle and related applications platforms. Knowledge and competencies around BI 4.0 and SAP HANA are a strong positive.
-Strong capability to turn business requirements into working IT solutions in the BI space with related dashboards and analytics
-Database knowledge and operational control for support and maintenance of production environments and implementation projects
-Participate in the business planning activities (budgets, project and resource planning) as needed
-Implement procedures for maintenance, monitoring, backup, and recovery operations for components of BI environment
-Ensuring adherence to methodology, change control, and compliance requirements
-Working with external contracting vendors, internal customers, end-users and software providers
-Ensure compliance with all UTC Security policies, procedures, and standards
-Effectively motivate, lead, and develop internal and external team members assigned to this area, including outsourced personnel in support models
1. Manage and provide specialist support to Business End Users for SAP Business Intelligence (BW) and SAP Business Objects (BO)
2. Define, document and execute modeling and enhancements of SAP BI and BO solutions through analysis, planning, designing, building and delivering solutions using configuration and development technologies
3. Collect, analyze and provide inputs on Business Intelligence and Business Objects suite to establish corporate strategy & vision and priorities based on industry best practices by engaging with Business and IT management to meet corporate goals and reduce costs
4. Implement and support appropriate solutions to improve IT cost effectiveness, service quality and business development while meeting current and future needs
5. Provide advice and guidance to Business / Departments through Business Intelligence/ Business Warehouse and Business Objects suite for improving analysis and reporting capabilities
6. A total of 5 years professional work experience as a minimum, that includes:
– a minimum of 4 years hands-on SAP implementation/support experience as Senior Consultant for SAP BI/BW and BO 3.X/4.0
– a minimum of 2-3 full life cycle implementation experience.
7. Excellent communication skills.